Vintage style, handmade backpack.
The MAD-13 is a medium sized rolltop with the term rolltop referring to the fact that the top of the bag is rolled (or folded) closed in order to make a tight, water resistant seal. Regular backpacks have a folding flap that covers the main compartment. The MAD-13 is suited to motorcycle commuters and day travellers who are looking for a rugged design that they can rely upon. With an extra wide shoulder harness it suits a variety of wearers as it’s neither too big nor too small. The full length top zipper means that at a pinch, you can fill the main compartment right to the top.
INSPIRED BY REAL ADVENTURE
Jarrod Stillman originally designed the MAD-13 in 2015. But he only made 5 at the time because he couldn’t get the waxed canvas that he wanted. The design today is much the same but slightly more refined and practical. The materials are also top notch.
Don’t think of the MAD-13 a fashion accessory . It’s been made to take the knocks and weather the bruises. This bag is ready for whatever jungles you choose to explore; concrete or vegetable. Saying a bag is tough is one thing demonstrating why is another:
1. Two-piece construction of main bag: The front, left and right are one single piece of canvas. Most bag have four seams.
2. Handle and shoulder harness: These carry all the weight so they are double stitched and riveted with chicago screws.
3. Double thickness base.
4. Ten year Waranty.
- W: 30cm x H: 40cm (62cm full open) D: 12cm
- Capacity: 18 – 20 Litres when closed
- Can fit laptops and tablets up to 26 x 36cm
- Weight 1.1kg
- 10 Year Warranty!
- Handmade from old fashioned materials
- Rolltop design to keep contents protected from weather and dirt.
- Double external waterproof zippers
- Internal organisation pockets
- Reinforced top handle
- 100% cotton liner
- Full length waterproof top zipper
- Real Solid Brass Hardware
- All leather is 100% Vegetable tanned and hand stained and painted
– Heavy Beeswaxed Canvas, waterproof zippers and the rolled top of the MAD-13 are designed to resist rain, dust and spray. The 16oz canvas can be re-waxed as often as required to keep it water resistant. Bag maintenance is encouraged because the MAD-13 has been made using the BIO principal (By It Once) so its designed to last as long as you keep loving it. We use Granddad Jack’s Sack Wax to maintain water repellency and fabric durability. It’s old fashioned and it works!
Our Prices Include All Customs Duties and Delivery is Via Courier.
Buy With Confidence: If in the unlikely event that you are not entirely happy with your purchase, you can simply email us to arrange for the item to be returned in exchange for a full, no quibble refund. There, now what’s stopping you?